The most important facts at a glance:
- Promotion: just under 7.000 €
- Date of promotion: Summer 2015
- Start of implementation: Summer 2015
- Subject of the promotion: 10 Micro PV systems
- Technical data: per module 250 watt power and 2.5 kWp
- Destination: Development of a simple authorization practice for the commissioning of the systems.
The members of MetropolSolar e.V. have a vision: Every normal citizen should be able to use a mini solar power plant to reduce his electricity consumption with little effort. Even tenants without their own house and roof could thus generate their own electricity, for example on their balcony.
Together with test users, MetropolSolar is campaigning for proper approval from grid operators to commission the systems. So far, this is usually difficult, as reliable regulations for the new systems are lacking and technical as well as legal requirements are often unclear.
In the meantime, the project is in full swing: Several test modules have been put into operation at various locations in the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, and more are about to start. The experiences so far have been quite varied: from legal disputes to problem-free handling and even active support, everything is involved. The test users and MetropolSolar regularly exchange their experiences and have already learned a lot.
In 2015, the association received the German Solar Prize from EUROSOLAR for its commitment.