Important achievements of the past year included,
- ... that around 1.16 terawatt hours of green electricity were certified. This corresponds to the energy needs of over 360,000 households that rely on Grüner Strom-certified energy products. Compared to 2016, the certified green electricity volume increased by a good six percent.
- ... that numerous sustainable projects could be supported - thanks to the investments guaranteed by the Grüner Strom-Label. Since 1998, approximately 55 million euros have flowed into more than 1,300 energy transition projects.
- ... that the sister label Green Gas recorded growing demand: more consumers purchased biogas from environmentally compatible production.
- ... that we have been able to use the new Grüner Strom Label homepage for online communication since mid-2017.
- ... that we were able to expand our commitment to the key topic of e-mobility and get in touch with interested parties in the dialog forum on nature-compatible energy transition.
Facts about the labels Green Electricity and Green gas, examples for Promoted energy transition projects and information on the persons acting in the association are summarized compactly in the activity report.
In 2017, more than one billion kWh of green electricity was certified again, at 1.16 TWh.
The number of customers of certified biogas products continues to increase.