In this way, the municipal utilities position themselves as system service providers and open up promising business areas.
- Promotion: so far just under € 25,000
- Time the Promotion: 2015 and 2016
- Subject of the subsidy: the installation of the photovoltaic system (and the storage tank) is subsidized on a pro rata basis.
- Technical Data: more than 50 PV systems installed so far, individual output of 2 - 4 kWp, residual power supply with Green Electricity-certified green electricity, planning, installation, maintenance service and electricity tariff from a single source.
- Destination: Decentralized energy generation, positioning of municipal utilities in new business areas, helping customers reduce their energy costs.
Many homeowners associate the purchase of a photovoltaic system with high investment costs as well as time and planning effort. This deters many interested parties. This is where Stadtwerke Heidelberg comes in with heidelberg ENERGIEDACH.
heidelberg ENERGIEDACH offers a package solution from the initial roof survey to installation and maintenance of the PV system. This also includes an electricity tariff that takes into account the self-supply of electricity - customers can thus save up to 30 % of their annual energy costs. The remaining electricity is Green Electricity-certified green electricity. As a result, customers trigger even further investment in the energy transition and receive genuine green electricity around the clock. Customers can choose to lease the plants (for 18 years) or buy them outright.
Link to the video: Generate solar power yourself with heidelberg ENERGIEDACH
Heidelberg ENERGIEDACH shows that Stadtwerke Heidelberg is looking beyond the horizon of a 'traditional' energy supplier and is positioning itself as a system and service provider with a promising business model.
The concept is convincing: In 2015 alone, PV systems were installed on over 50 homes. Due to the high demand, heidelberg ENERGIEDACH will be continued in 2016.